After assessment and placement, students work closely in the fields of Math and English. A+ English classes focus on active reading and writing skills. Active Reading is instrumental in helping students understand ALL TYPES of written work, from English novels to scientific articles. Active reading and writing challenges students to:
- Critically engage with the texts they read.
- Ask incisive questions to demonstrate comprehension.
- Deeply probe the theme, tone and style of texts.
- Effectively communicate their ideas in a clear and thoughtful way.
- Compose and revise well-structured, organized and eloquent essays.
In Math class, our rigorous mathematics curriculum covers everything from basic skills to advanced mathematical concepts and how to apply them to the real world beyond the classroom. A+ Math emphasizes:
- Inspiring advanced thinking by working with challenging course materials.
- Mastering and solving complex word problems.
- Practicing effective test-taking strategies for improved grades.
- Reinforcing math skills through an assessment battery of homework, quizzes and a final exam.