Fact about national Pi day
By ASC A+ Program
on 13 March 21
March 14th is the national Pi day.
Here is a list of fact about Pi
- What is Pi?
- Pi is the ratio of any circle’s circumference to its diameter.
- When was Pi first adopted?
- The Pi symbol was adopted by Swiss mathematician, Leonard Euler, in 1737
- When is the earliest reference to Pi?
- Pi occurred in Ancient Egypt around the year 1650BC is the earliest recorded reference.
- How long is Pi?
- It will take a person 133 years to recite the 6.4 billion knows digits of Pi without stopping.
- Who founded the Pi day?
- Comparing to the long history of Pi, the Pi day have a fairly short history. It is founded by physicist Larry Shaw in 1988.
- Who calculated the Pi?
- The calculated of Pi is not done, yet. But the Fabrice Bellard calculated 2.7 trillion decimal places on just a desktop computer.
- Other fun fact?
- Theoretical physicist Albert Einstein and NBA superstar Stephen Curry both are born on March 14th!
- Most pizzerias and bakeries offer special Pi Day deals and discount on March 14th.
Want to learn more about Math? Want to challenge yourself in math? Join our Saturday Program now.
Give us a call at 617-730-3705 or send us a email at email@example.com
Check out our Saturday or Summer Schedule