To achieve excellent grades in school, students need to develop a solid foundation in English. This is because English is the language through which we learn, no matter the subject. Without a strong grasp of this means of communication, your child cannot learn effectively. With excellent English skills, your child will be a lifelong learner who explores the world with confidence, both inside and outside the classroom.
Whether you’re searching for enriching eighth-grade English classes or ELA test prep for your third grader, our English programs for elementary, middle, and high schoolers can get your child prepared for any educational situation. We are proud to offer English enrichment classes throughout Boston, MA, including:
- Chestnut Hill
- East Boston
- Newton Center
- Newton Highlands
- Roxbury Crossing
- South Boston
- West Newton
- West Roxbury
The A+ Approach to English Classes for Elementary, Middle School, and High School Students
We provide an enriching learning environment for our students and challenge them to achieve their highest potential.
- The A+ English Enrichment curriculum meets and exceeds Massachusetts state standards so that our students are one step ahead in school.
- Every student is placed in the appropriate class level determined by a subject pre-test and an English-speaking
- Through the A+ Homework Club, homework coaches provide assistance to students who need extra help.
- A+ Program’s High School Volunteer Group of outstanding students will coach your child with close guidance from A+ academic leaders.
- We also teach something that other schools do not — executive functioning skills, or “Life Success Skills,” that will help your student excel in school and life.
The Focus of Our English Program
A+ English classes focus on active reading and writing skills, which challenge students to:
- Critically engage with the texts they read.
- Ask incisive questions to demonstrate comprehension.
- Deeply probe the theme, tone, and style of texts.
- Effectively communicate their ideas in a clear and thoughtful way.
- Compose and revise well-structured, organized, and eloquent essays.
Active Reading is instrumental in helping students understand ALL TYPES of written work — from English novels to scientific articles.
Give Your Child a Strong Start With Elementary English Classes in Boston, MA
If you feel that your young student could benefit from a little extra practice outside of school, an English enrichment class for primary students could be the solution you’re looking for. Our English classes for elementary students are designed to support your child’s learning and individual strengths. In these classes, students will be taught vocabulary, spelling, grammar, and reading comprehension through hands-on activities and real-world situations. We will cover materials critical to helping your child successfully complete the ELA test and have a strong start in the next grade. Once your child completes our English enrichment classes for primary students, they will have a solid foundation on which to build effective communication skills. We proudly offer English classes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
Help Your Young Learner Soar With Middle School English Classes in Boston, MA
As your child enters middle school, they are becoming more advanced readers and writers. The skills they learn during these years will be the ones they carry into high school, so it’s vital to foster valuable skills now. Our English classes for middle school students will support your young learner’s development with engaging and extensive lessons. Our certified instructors will help students develop reading and writing techniques that will enable them to achieve success in middle school, high school, and beyond.
Throughout our English enrichment program for middle schoolers, our instructors will cover the following:
- Sixth Grade English Classes: These classes will focus on grammar, reading comprehension, and writing techniques, such as sentence structure and thought articulation.
- 7th Grade English Classes: In these English enrichment classes, your child will be taught how to take their thought articulation a step further with a focus on writing in a variety of forms (essays, speeches, debates, etc.). We also teach them how to identify and correct errors in their writing and grammar.
- Eighth Grade English Classes: These classes will focus on advanced language arts concepts to prepare students for high school. There is a strong emphasis on vocabulary terms, writing different types of papers, and incorporating evidence and analysis in their writing.
Strengthen Tomorrow’s Leaders With High School English Classes in Boston, MA
High school is just the beginning for our nation’s future leaders. During these four years, they learn the tools and strategies they need to communicate effectively. Our English classes for high school students will empower students to succeed well beyond the halls of their school.
Our instructors will cover grammar analysis, cultural literacy skills, vocabulary study, critical reading, thesis development, and test prep for the SAT and ACT during the English enrichment classes. No matter the skills your young learner needs to develop, we have a program designed to help them excel:
- 9th Grade English Classes
- Tenth Grade English Classes
- 11th Grade English Classes
- Twelfth Grade English Classes
Communities We Serve
Success is more than just earning a high score. It is developing a passion for learning and pursuing knowledge for its own sake. Each of our programs is designed to help students become lifelong learners.
You can inspire this same passion in your child by enrolling them in our English classes offered to students in Boston, MA, and the surrounding areas, including Allston, Andover, Belmont, Boston, Braintree, Brighton, Brookline, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chestnut Hill, Dorchester, East Boston, Lexington, Malden, Newton, Newton Center, Newton Highlands, Newtonville, Quincy, Roxbury Crossing, Sharon, South Boston, West Newton, West Roxbury, and Winchester. We proudly offer English classes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders.
English Classes and So Much More
At A+ Program, we don’t just offer english lessons for our students; our Saturday classes also feature math as part of the program. In fact, our 1st to 8th grade students get 1.5 hours of english and 1.5 hours of math. Offering both subjects together not only helps build the foundation for future success, but it’s also something that differentiates us from our competitors From our english classes to our public speaking and prep classes, you won’t find a more comprehensive program.
Pathways to Academic Success
With a firm foundation in English, your child will confidently go on to further academic goals such as attending top colleges and private exam schools. A+ Program students have been successful in achieving excellent scores in ISEE/SSAT/MCAS and SAT. Many have been accepted to top private schools such as Boston Latin and Phillips Academy or top colleges like Harvard, Tufts, MIT, and Boston College.
Success starts with the first step. Get your child started on the path to academic excellence — whether you register for sixth, tenth, or twelfth grade English classes. Sign up for an A+ English Program today! You can also explore our other enrichment programs:
Schedule & Fees
"I was enrolled in another program in which there were only children who were very advanced. The instructors did not know how to teach students who were performing at their regular grade level, and it was a waste of time. The teachers at ASC are always very prepared, they explain things clearly, and the homework aligns with the lessons."View All