English and Math Enrichment Programs
Build a Strong Foundation of Learning
Mastering Math and English is key to academic success. Students develop a strong foundation of learning that carries over into life, both inside and outside the classroom. The A+ Math and English Enrichment curriculum meets and exceeds state standards so that students excel not only at ASC but also in school. Every student is placed in the appropriate class level determined by a subject pre-test and an English speaking evaluation. The English and math class students also have access to our homework club for those needing additional help from our homework coaching team. Our outstanding High School Volunteer Group will coach your students with close guidance from the A+ academic managers.
A+ English classes focus on active reading and writing skills. Active reading and writing challenges students to:
- Critically engage with the texts they read.
- Ask incisive questions to demonstrate comprehension.
- Deeply probe the theme, tone and style of texts.
- Effectively communicate their ideas in a clear and thoughtful way.
- Compose and revise well-structured, organized and eloquent essays.
Active Reading is instrumental in helping students understand ALL TYPES of written work, from English novels to scientific articles.
Our rigorous mathematics curriculum covers everything from basic skills to advanced mathematical concepts and how to apply them to the real world beyond the classroom. A+ Math emphasizes:
- Inspiring advanced thinking by working with challenging course materials.
- Mastering and solving complex word problems.
- Practicing effective test-taking strategies for improved grades.
- Reinforcing math skills through the online homework, quizzes and a final exam.
The A+ Saturday Program incorporates Singapore Math in its curriculum. The Singapore Math system is a progressive and innovative method to make math both accessible and challenging to students at every level. THE ASC A+ MATH ENRICHMENT PROGRAM IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IN BOSTON USING SINGAPORE MATH!
Schedule & Fees
|Classes are held on Saturdays in two 16-week sessions during the school year.|
|Starting dates for each session|
|Fall Session (09/12/2020-01/23/2021)||1st Term||September 12, 2020|
|2nd Term||November 14, 2020|
|Spring Session (02/06/2020-06/05/2021)||1st Term||February 6, 2021|
|2nd Term||April 10, 2021|
|Morning Class||9:00am – 12:00pm|
For students in Grades 1 – 5
|English and Math (3 hours)||$420 per 8-week session, book and material fee $50; $760 per 16-week term; book and material fee $100; $1520 per 32-week term; book and material fee $160;|
|*Book and material fee will be discounted to $160 for full-year sign-ups|
For students in Grades 6 – 8
|English and Math (3 hours)||$420 per 8-week session, material and book fee $50; $820 per 16-week term, material and book fee $100; $1640 per 32-week term; material and book fee $160;|
|*Book and material fee will be discounted to $160 for the full year sign-ups|
- 1106 Commonwealth Ave. Boston, MA 02215
- 65 Harrison Avenue, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02111
- Application fee $30 for new students, and it will be waived when five students or more apply at once.
- Material & Book fee will be charged separately.
- Students who register for four sessions at once will receive a materials fee waiver for one session.
Session locations 65 Harrison Ave., FL 6. Boston, MA 02111 1106 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215
|Class Time (TBD)|
|Feb Vacation Intensive||02/17/2020- 02/12/2020 (1 week)|
|Apr Vacation Intensive||04/20/2020- 04/24/2020 (1 week)|
|Classes are held Monday to Friday in two 3-week sessions.|
|Session 1||June 29 – July 16, 2021|
|Session 2||July 28 – August 13, 2021|
|Morning class||9 am-12 pm|
Summer Session locations Summer Session is Only Available Online Due to Covid-19